- I Tatti
The Harvard University Center at Villa I Tatti is the result of the generosity of many benefactors, starting with Bernard Berenson who bequeathed his estate in Florence to his alma mater upon his death in 1959 and continuing since then with numerous gifts to the endowment and for current use. Although part of Harvard, I Tatti is not within any other division of the University and functions as an independent, allied institution. The Center is financed entirely from endowment income and from generous contributions from individuals, foundations, and corporations that bridge the gap between endowment income and operating expenses.
Types of Support
- Gifts to I Tatti can be earmarked for endowment or for current use. Endowed funds have been established to support the fellowship program, the library, scholarly programs, publications, and the gardens and grounds.
- Unrestricted gifts to I Tatti’s General Fund are used to cover expenses for which there is no endowment income and are vital for general operating expenses, conservation of the collections, and the preservation of the landmark buildings.
- Donations may be made to support special projects of various kinds.
- The Amici di Villa I Tatti are generous friends who give annually to support the Harvard Center in Florence. An important part of the I Tatti community, they are welcome at I Tatti at any time and are invited to public lectures and concerts at the Center, as well as to any programs sponsored by I Tatti in the United States or elsewhere.
- The I Tatti Council, established in 1980, is an international advisory committee of generous friends chiefly concerned with following I Tatti’s financial affairs and helping to broaden its support, as well as taking a close interest in its programs and operations.
Ways of Giving
Gifts to I Tatti are made through Harvard University and are tax-deductible in the U.S. You may qualify to have your company or firm match your gift to I Tatti. If this applies, please enclose the appropriate forms with your gift. Information about matching gift programs is available through your personnel or community relations department.
For more information about the Amici di I Tatti, the I Tatti Council or about making a donation, please call our Cambridge office at +1 617 495 8042 or contact us here.