Department: Information Technology
Reporting to the Manager of Information Services & Digital Initiatives, the Network Engineer has a wide range of responsibilities including the hands-on installation, management, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the Cisco-based Ethernet and Wireless IP data networks. This includes the diagnosis and repair of problems at the physical and network layers in support of data communications as well as the physical installation and maintenance of LAN communication equipment (routers, switches, wireless access points); troubleshooting end-user network connectivity issues and managing the documentation of the Network Services.
- Perform complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of the network environment
- Support for existing and future virtualization environments and associated systems including networked storage
- Maintain the security of all I Tatti systems such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, data loss prevention tools, antivirus and antispam software
- Maintain VoIP and video systems on the Cisco Unified Communications platform
- Manage NAS/SAN drives, certificates, Windows servers, software deployment, and endpoint provisioning
- Evaluate network performance using hardware and software diagnostic tools
- Monitor and perform routine operations for Windows systems
Several years of experience in the role (at least 5 years) are required with hands-on experience in managing activities such as network analysis, Cisco IOS, DNS, DHCP, OSPF, VPN and with strong interpersonal skills. Proficiency in spoken and written English at a minimum level of B2/C1 will be considered a fundamental requirement.
A degree in engineering or computer science and CCNA certifications will be considered a preferred qualification.
Applicants should submit their résumé with a cover letter, applications will be accepted until 14/04/2023