The Harvard University Center at Villa I Tatti only exists thanks to the generosity of many benefactors, starting with Bernard Berenson who bequeathed his estate in Florence to his alma mater upon his death in 1959. I Tatti continues to rely heavily on generous contributions from individuals, foundations, and corporations, and we are very grateful to all those who understand the importance of the humanities and choose to foster Renaissance scholarship at our unique institution.
Ways of Giving
- Unrestricted gifts to our General Fund are vital and support our areas of greatest need.
- Both current use and endowed gifts can be earmarked for a specific fund, including our Fellowship program.
- I Tatti gratefully accepts special gifts such as those made through income-paying trusts, and bequests.
- Where appropriate, gifts of books and objects are gratefully accepted.
- Join the Amici dei Tatti, the generous and steadfast group of supporters who contribute to I Tatti annually. Membership begins at $600 per year and members enjoy an exclusive program of special events, including concerts and special visits to museums and private collections in the United States and Italy
Gifts by Credit Card
Give online or call the I Tatti office in Cambridge at +1 617 495 8042 and provide the following information:
- Credit Card Provider
- Amount of Gift
- Name on Credit Card
- Card Number
- Cardholder’s Billing Address
- Expiration Date on Credit Card
- Security Code on Reverse of Card
Gifts by Check
Please make checks payable to “Harvard University/Villa I Tatti” and mail to:
Villa I Tatti
124 Mt. Auburn St
Cambridge, MA 02138
Villa I Tatti
Via di Vincigliata 26
Please make a note on the check or in your cover note as to where you would like your gift credited (for example: to join/renew Amici dei Tatti membership (annual gifts of $600 and over), gift to the I Tatti General Fund, gift to the Berenson Library, etc.)
Gifts by bank wire/stock transfer
To transfer gifts by bank wire, please contact the Office of the Recording Secretary at +1 617 495 1750 to indicate the gift amount and its purpose (for example: to Villa I Tatti, for unrestricted use).
To make a gift of securities, please contact the Harvard Management Company at +1 866 845 6596 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planned Giving and Bequests
There are a number of ways to set up a charitable remainder trust or gift annuity that provide the donor with life income. These plans enable donors to make a meaningful gift to I Tatti while receiving significant income and tax benefits.
Please contact I Tatti’s Cambridge office by phone at +1 617 495 8042 or by email for further information.
Individual supporters make a vital contribution to our work. Please join them by giving generously to I Tatti today.
Please contact us for more information.
Villa I Tatti, Harvard University
44r Brattle Street, Suite 113
Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
tel: +1 617 495 8042
Villa I Tatti
Via di Vincigliata 22
50135 Florence, Italy
tel: +39 055 603 251
Gifts to I Tatti are made through Harvard University and are tax-deductible in the United States. You may qualify to have your company or firm match your gift to I Tatti. If this applies, please enclose the appropriate forms with your gift. Information about matching gift programs is available through your personnel or community relations department.